UroCareLive and LUGPA announce upcoming online education for urologists focusing on the latest clinical guidelines, innovation and information needed to establish an advanced bladder cancer clinic.
The third in a series of online programs focusing on clinical and non-clinical topics for Urologists will air live October 16, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. EDT on UroCareLive. The program, Establishing an Advanced Bladder Cancer Clinic, will include information on the latest clinical guidelines in bladder cancer, updates on promising clinical trials, and tactical information to help urologists and practice administrators set up and maintain an advanced bladder clinic. Topics discussed will include:
- Highlights of Non-Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer’s (NMIBC) newest guidelines
- Unmet needs in NMIBC
- Promising trials and new therapeutics
- Highlights of Muscle-Invasive and Metastatic Bladder Cancer’s (MIBC) newest guidelines
- Review of immuno-oncologics, including MOA, indications and management
- Promising trials and combinations
- Initiating an advanced bladder cancer clinic
Expert faculty for the program will include:
- Neal D. Shore, MD, FACS, President, LUGPA (Large Urology Group Practice Association), Carolina Urologic Research Center/Atlantic Urology Clinics, Myrtle Beach, SC
- Noah M. Hahn, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine, Department of Oncology and Urology, and Director, Medical Oncology Bladder Cancer Program at Johns Hopkins University Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Ashish M. Kamat, MD, MBBS, FACS, Professor of Urology, Wayne B. Duddlesten Professor in Cancer Research, Division of Surgery at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Jonathan Henderson, MD, Secretary, LUGPA (Large Urology Group Practice Association), CEO, Regional Urology, LLC, Shreveport, Louisiana
Participants are able to submit questions for the expert panel prior to and during the live broadcast, allowing presenters to respond in real time, combining the benefits of in-person interactive education with the convenience of digital access. Questions may be submitted here.
Three other previously-recorded educational programs are also available for viewing on UroCareLive, spanning a wide range of topics, including an accredited program discussing personalized care for metastatic bladder cancer, and two practice management-focused programs.
The Future of Urology Practices: Independent, Hospital-Owned or Private Equity aired live August 31, 2017 and is now available for viewing at no cost, focusing on some of the topics that are important to the business of medicine and practice management, including:
- Update and impact of healthcare reform and policy
- Changes in Part B reimbursement: point/counterpoint
- Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA)
- Financial aspects of practice management, like recruitment of Urologists and the changing labor dynamics in the Urology workplace
New Horizons in Personalized Care for Metastatic Bladder Cancer originally aired on PlatformQ Health’s Oncology education platform, OMedLive, and is available as a one-hour accredited CME program. Produced in collaboration with the Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network (BCAN) and faculty from Mount Sinai School of Medicine and the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer center, this accredited program goes in depth about:
- The latest clinical data of new and emerging agents
- Chemotherapy selections
- Multimodal therapies
- Clinical trials for bladder cancer
- Multidisciplinary care
UroCareLive’s inaugural program, Developing an Effective Advanced Prostate Cancer Clinic, is also available for clinicians, discussing:
- Operational issues for Advanced Prostate Cancer Clinics
- Improving physician organizational development
- Providing patient access to more advanced therapies (existing and emerging therapies)
- Generating new revenue sources
- Retaining patient market share
LUGPA currently represents more than 25 percent of the nation’s urology practices, comprising more than 2,300 members, who account for approximately 30 percent of urologic care in the United States. The Association is committed to providing the best resources to its member practices through advocacy, research, data collection and benchmarking efforts. LUGPA advocates for independent urology practices by promoting quality clinical outcomes, fostering new opportunities and improving advocacy in legislative and regulatory arenas.
About PlatformQ Health
PlatformQ Health is the leading provider of live, online medical education events, operating 16 therapeutically aligned learning channels dedicated to providing clinicians, patients, caregivers, advocates and administrators rigorous, outcome-centric education aimed at improving patient care. The company’s unique education platform allows physicians and other healthcare professionals to connect online from anywhere, to learn about the latest treatments options, and engage in real-time discussion with scientific, research and patient care experts.
UroCareLive offers live streaming video lectures, panel discussions and case presentations, as well as interactive activities such as real-time questions and answer sessions with top faculty and other participants.