LUGPA held another successful and informative Annual Meeting on November 5-7 at the renowned Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park Hotel in Chicago, IL.
2015 Annual Meeting Key Take-Aways
- Member practices must be prepared for the coming shift from fee-for-service reimbursement to Alternative Payment Models (APM’s).
- From site neutral payments to the SGR fix to CMS’s recent payment rules, LUGPA’s contribution to health policy is unmatched in urology.
- The site neutral payments provision in the budget act is a big deal and greatly levels the playing field between independent medicine and large health systems.
- “Creative thinking can come from inside the box and can be learned.” – Drew Boyd
- Charles Krauthammer: The politics of Obamacare resonates deeply with Republicans and Democrats five years after becoming law.
Video of select sessions are on the Member’s site.
Photos from the event