What Information Does LUGPA Collect from You?
Via the Site, LUGPA collects from you: (i) personally identifiable information, and (ii) technical and other information.
- General Web Site Visitors. When you browse the Site, you do so anonymously; no personally identifiable information is collected.
- Contacting Us. The Site permits you to reach out to us via our Contact Us form. Whenever you send an email via the Contact Us form on the Site, you may be providing us with your first name, last name, email address and any information you choose to provide in the text of your message. For example, you may choose to provide your phone number, mailing address or other information necessary or helpful for us to address your query or concern.
- Directory of Users. You may list in a directory of users your name, email address and other contact information.
Please note we do not engage in the collection of personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or online services. Accordingly, we do not currently process or comply with any web browser’s “do not track” signal or other mechanisms that provide consumers with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third party websites. Further, we have not knowingly authorized any third parties to collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use the Site. Nonetheless, such third party companies (e.g., companies providing features or functionality on the Site, etc.) may collect and use non-personal information during your visits to the Site and other websites in order to provide advertisements on other sites about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or a third party web beacon to collect such information.
How Is Your Information Used?
- Our Use of Information. We collect, retain, and use your personally identifiable information for legitimate business purposes only, including without limitation the following:
- to respond to an inquiry from you or address a request submitted by you (including contacting you directly to request additional information to process your inquiry or request);
- to contact you and to provide you information regarding LUGPA and/or our products and/or services;
- to operate or improve the Site; to correspond with you regarding the Site or our services;
- to inform you of developments in LUGPA or about products and/or services we believe may be of interest to you;
- to monitor Site visitor traffic patterns and Site usage;
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules, and requests of relevant law enforcement and/or other governmental agencies;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of LUGPA, our members and other Site users, and others.
We strive to maintain the accuracy of any personally identifiable information that may be collected from you, and will use our commercially reasonable efforts to respond promptly to update our database when you tell us the information in our database is not accurate. It is your responsibility to ensure that such information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You may obtain from us, by email the information in our records. If you wish to make any changes to any personally identifiable information you have provided to us, you may do so at any time by contacting us at ckirschner@LUGPA.org.
You may opt out of receiving newsletters, marketing and/or promotional materials, and/or other materials or communications from us by contacting us at info@LUGPA.org.
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, 15 U.S.C. §§ 6501-06 and 16 C.F.R. §§ 312.1-312.12, we do not knowingly collect information from children. Moreover, we do not permit use by individuals under the age of 18 of any of the password protected areas of our Site or use of any other products or services that may be provided via the Site from time to time. By using the Site, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age.
Third Party Websites
LUGPA may reference or provide links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the third party websites, and you should review the privacy policies posted on such sites. Please be aware that LUGPA does not control, nor are we responsible for, the privacy policies or information practices of third parties or their websites.
Protecting Your Personally Identifiable Information
Because security is important to both LUGPA and you, we make reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. Please be aware, however, that Internet data transmission is not always secure and we cannot and do not guarantee that information you transmit utilizing the Site is secure.
LUGPA may, in the future, sell or otherwise transfer some or all of its assets to a third party. Your personally identifiable information and/or technical information we obtain from you via the Site may be disclosed to any potential or actual purchasers of such assets and/or may be among those assets transferred.
Users Outside the United States
875 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 3100
Chicago, IL. 60611